Judges are known to run case hearings. They have the power to dismiss cases and pass on judgment to criminals. Duties will vary depending on the type of court a judge may reside but there are general duties that will always be part of any judge’s duties.
• Presides over trials and hearings
• Interpret the law and develop new standard procedures for new types of issues
• Determines evidence’s and witness’ credibility and ensure that all attorneys and speculators follow the rules and procedures.
• Instructs jury on the appropriate laws and hear their verdict for rulings
• Imposes a sentence to the convicted and settles a compensation amount for those involved in a civil case
• Ensures that the court operations are efficient and appropriate
• Keeps track of all cases and monitors the progress of each case
• Monitors administrative staff and prepare or conduct trainings to ensure the staff’s optimum function in the court.
Reference available on Law job duties & Job duties